No time for a proper update, but here’s something better: A recipe!! Wait, you mean a cheap vegan cyclist camper recipe?? NO WAY (well okay it contains cashew nuts, not exactly the cheapest of cheapie foods)
- 250 g rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1/4 hot pepper (καυτερή πιπεριά)
- 2 cloves garlic
- cashew nuts, like, a handful
- some Marmite (that’s pretty much the main ingredient, the rest is just “icing on the cake”)
AND NOW HERE’s HOW TO MIX THESE FOODSTUFFS TOGETHER IN A TASTY WAY!!
- boil twice the volume of rice in pot. (aah cooking with actual flames is so rockass, frikkin electrical stoves I ask you) CHEF TIP: why not throw in a little extra water for a cuppa tea at this point?? ;)
- chop peppers and garlic medium small
- pour boiling water in cup with pre-thrown-in bag of tea (preferably PG TIPS for obvious reasons)
- put rice and veggies in water, let it boil again. At this point some would add the cashew nuts already. I say, let them. But let them not come complaining that their recipe is not as awesome as this one when they’re tasting it.
- let water come to a boil again, lower flame (aaaah fire) and cover pot.
- drink tea haha ;)
- once all the water is gone OR you judge the rice is cooked (should happen approx simultaneously) add a bunch of crushed cashew nuts and add appropriate amounts… I mean, DROWN THIS THING in Marmite, a.k.a. “Salty Awesomeness In A Jar”
(heheh I didn’t think to take any salt, pepper, or oil with me, silly camper :)
On a different note this morning I saw BEAR TRACES in the mud!!! VERY CLOSE to where I was sleeping hahaha! well! they might be a couple days old I guess.